Monday, December 5, 2011



There are moments when I doubt, that You even listen to what I tell You
For I feel like I may have spoken for an eternity, without witnessing any change. 
Though sometimes You take me by a surprise; when You grant me things that I don't remember wanting or asking for.


Yes, now I remember that prayer; the day I sat in front of you, speaking not a word.
Your Spirit it interceded for me, with sighs louder than words; And You, You read my heart
Now that I think of it, was it even a prayer; or was it a thought that just flicked through my mind?
I forgot all about it, over the years; or may be new desires buried this, my old desire;
But You bore it in mind and gave me my hearts desire, in Your time.  

Who can keep promises like You? So many words come out of our mouths and return unfulfilled;
But Your word is like silver purified seven times; it returns to You only when You're will is done.
You promised that You would give, even before I could ask; and You did what you promised, in Your time.
In doing so, You didn't let, mortal faith in You, down; and You raised us, in Your time.

Your psalmist and Your prophets said, that no one who has trusted in You has suffered ill fate;
So man can rest assured that he is in safe hands. Even if we should not receive what we ask for,
We can easily believe that something better is in store; though never giving up on intercession...
Asking to receive, seeking to find and knocking to open doors; for prayer has power...
Your willingness to listen to our prayer and our faith that You listen to every word that comes out of our mouth renders prayer powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment