Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unfinished ideas weaving in my mind
Like a half done web that is washed by the rain
The ideas don't manifest themselves in the real world
A mirage of sorts they remain
I try to touch them but in vain...
******
I didn't walk towards you to walk away from you
I'm standing where I always did and I shall always
It is you who chose to retreat, move back a step or two
The blue planet, it revolves around the hot ball of fire
We, on it, believe that the sun rises and falls
It's not the sun after all, but it's us on the go
It's not me after all, its you, you should know...
******
Unfinished bounds, I see them on my shelf
The characters, still vivid, they move in my mind
How it ends for them, I do not know, though I'd like to and so they remain
On my shelf; though how it began is now a puff of smoke
I refuse to go back and begin all over
But the lack of awareness of the end, it haunts me
And thus the fate of the bounds is decided, on my shelfs forever they shall be...
******
In the silence of the morning and the darkness of the day just begun
I sip my cup of cafeh, lost in thought
That is exactly how it'd look like to the spectator
Ironically, the only spectator around is the one that I chat with
And He knows, that lost I am not
He knows that I meet Him over a cuppa each morning
And yes, a lot does happen over cafeh...
******
Inspiration can't be forced, one has to wait for it to do one a favour
O come to me from above, come and blow upon me the wisdom of Him who formed you
For if I'm not breathed upon by you, the divinity, it doesn't flow out of me,
The divinity of art; And thus I remain restless and toss, 
And I turn until I am fatigued and can fight no more.
But when you come to me in your fullness
The words they just flow, the thoughts they just form, 
An ocean of turquoise water, drop by drop
A poetry filled with emotion, thought by thought...
******
I was sand on the shore, so soft and so weak
I built my dreams and they fell like sandcastles on the shore
Then I gathered myself, grain by grain
I evolved into rock, immovable and stable
Nothing could shake me, nothing could topple me
Until you came, the sea with her waves, you with new dreams
And you made me dream till it became a habit, the sea hit the rock till she moved it
And now I long to dream again; The rock, it longs to be hit by the waves again
The waves have a freshness and spontaneity that stability doesn't have
But the sea, she has retreated, but you have retreated
Oh, you're a habit that I just don't want to break...
******
It looked so real, I could almost touch it
So perfect it was that sometimes I doubted its very existence
For perfection, it doesn't manifest itself in reality
It's like the fog that one can see but never touch
I saw the fog, it was celestial and pure
But before I could try and touch it, it disappeared
And now there is no sun, there is no fog either
But the dew drops, in my eyes, are a sign of hope that good weather shall return...




No comments:

Post a Comment