Tuesday, May 8, 2012

For Writing's Sake

I recently joined a local writers' group named the Bahrain Writers' Circle (BWC). I've never been part of any association before this and it's a wonderful feeling! I vividly recall feeling left out in Quant and Logic classes throughout school and college; I would start writing poems and quotes as a defense mechanism technique. During BWC meetings though I feel like I'm home. It's endearing to be around like minded people; people who feel excited on bumping into a new word just like I do, people who in the middle of reading a book just close their eyes and smile thinking about what they've just read like I do...

Well while it is fun being a part of BWC it is not a cake walk. We have certain criteria to follow in order to remain members, one of the most pressing ones being that we need to write; we need to write something each day even if it is just a 500 word paragraph ranting about nothing in particular. As long as it is original it qualifies as a write up. So here I am tonight fulfilling that criterion. Luckily for me I don't even need to rack my brains much for the topic because I have this really out of the world experience that I'd like to share with you.

I'm not a shopaholic and my style sense is so basic that I don't  even think it qualifies to be called a style sense. Nevertheless I did today what most ace shoppers may find it difficult to do; I bought a pair of peep-toes and a piece of jewellery in net 25 minutes. While that may sound very normal to many readers it is not and I can explain why. For starters I got good deals on both these artifacts. Secondly, I made sure they were things that I both needed and wanted so it was guilt free shopping all the way.

I spotted my black Da Vinci peep-toes while I was perusing through the plethora of interesting footwear in the shop. These gorgeous babies were sitting in a low rack behind a pair of obnoxious red stilettos. The moment I laid my eyes on them I felt a spark. I've always been a strong advocate of 'aa-haa effect' shopping; if there is the 'aa-haa effect' just buy it! The 'aa-haa effect' in this case can be attributed to the wedge heels which allow me the privilege of heels without having to let go of comfort. Another reason I love my new acquisition is because they are jet black and would go with almost everything in my wardrobe. Notwithstanding they are not just any black shoes but trendy peep-toes thus giving my feet the much needed oomph; and all this in just BD 13.9. What a catch mama!Slipping them on was bliss. Every step that I took towards the full-length mirror at the front end of the outlet invigorated my belief in that I was destined to own these black beauties. Side-profile...front-profile.. and I was out of them. I picked them up, looked at them one last time and the rest as they say is history.

The other thing in my shopping cart this morning was something I've been intending to own from a very long time now. I've always loved the way full-length neck pieces with big pendants have managed to give ones out-fit a subtle but conspicuous spike.Though I must admit that I've outgrown Claires thanks to 'teenage' written all over its product range I really liked the Aurum junk that I picked today.  Gold plated and with a huge butterfly dangling on it the chain promises to add class to whatever I wear without being too loud. Given the credibility in terms of quality I can safely say that BD 5.2 was quite a bargain for this one.

And that my most beloved readers are the confessions of a self proclaimed non shopaholic!

2 comments:

  1. Id comment on it and tell u its a really good read and that i like ur diva-esque touch of calling sexy shoes artifacts BUT im just too miffed that u got all these new things and all i got today was a TOP! :'(
    :*

    ReplyDelete