Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Evolution...

Oh Evolution thou has kept the world revolving...

No, this is not yet another science versus religion blog and neither am I an atheist. That said I do believe that evolution is the carrier of existence and that which chooses not to evolve ceases to exist sooner or later.

Evolution to me also means progress; an inevitable change that brings about the realisation of a higher state of existence. I'm saying all these things because I believe that I've just stepped into phase two of my career. Fresh out of college I knew that I had to get into a boutique firm. Small time organisations have a holistically hone our skills thus rendering our core competency a sharp sword ready to slice the task at hand into two.

My stint with an agency, my first proper work stint, is coming to an end and its a cathartic experience to have gained so much in the past nine months. There has been tremendous learning thanks to my inclusive and never exhaustive job description. My learning from the work I've done and my observations of my superiors' and colleagues' work has helped me get trained across an extensive range of media activities - most typical public relation tasks, events management, integrated marketing communication and print journalism. Apart from technical knowledge I've been blessed to have learned a lesson or two about survival in the bad world. With all this under my belt I'm set to take the plunge after a short 'battery charge' period.

The evolution or progress comes in here because now when I look for the next break my priority would be pay-pack, benefits and allowances, promotions and learning in contrast to my priority before my first stint - only learning. At this stage I find myself seeking to settle in a big corporate where there is scope to climb the ladder in monetary terms and otherwise.

Well at some point I hope to get my dream phase two job opportunity. For the interim I have a bucket list ready. I jwas reading a book off the local library shelf few months back and I bumped into a sentence that paralysed my senses for a few seconds. I realised that soon I'm never going to be in my early twenties again. I've got three months more and I can't help but promise myself to live the last bit of my early twenties to the fullest - read, explore and write. How exactly am I going to execute this plan? Well that is a blog for another day!

'Coming home' is watching who are from the outside..it's becoming yourself all over again..I'm coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment