Thursday, August 2, 2012

21 Going On 21

All of us have, at various points of time in life asked ourselves the dreaded question 'Who am I?'. As evolving beings, we are always in the quest to find our identity. Just the other day I was rummaging through the junk on my desktop (we all have cluttered desktops, don't we?) and I struck gold! Well, for me it was nothing less than gold because reading that Word document rendered me enlightened on many a level. 

Remember Orkut; yes, that oh so interesting social networking site which gradually lost its charm, thanks to Facebook. I can't tell you the number of times I've edited my Orkut profile content, during those days. I don't really blame myself; I had just turned 21 then and my efforts to figure out my identity were at their peak; though eventually I grew out of it. Turns out that I had saved a copy of my profile and here I was, almost half a decade later, sitting and staring at my 21-year old self.

I must confess that I was embarrassed at the utter childishness of my thoughts and may have even turned a deep shade of beetroot-red by the time I reached the end of the page. Nevertheless, I can't deny how amused I was to sense that the basic substance of my personality hadn't changed despite the emotional growth spurt. It was reassuring to realise that we never change, we just find out more about ourselves as we grow up. I too had unraveled the mystery of myself, still am!

What a wonderful feeling it is; the feeling of maturing over time like the cliched old wine in a new bottle!

Orkut Profile
About Me

am a very lucky girl! My life rocks and only good things happen to me!

For instance, once I walked right through two TCs without a ticket because I forgot to buy one and didn't get caught...hahahaha..

Another time I got upset over something but it was already time to sleep and so I din't have to break my head over it..hahahaha..

Yet another time I was confused if I should straighten my hair and I saw myself in a trial room mirror. I looked like 'blackielocks' and so my conflict was resolved..hahahaha..

Like everyday..I don't drink eight glasses of water a day and neither do I work out but I have an amazing skin, no acne..no pimples..no zits..hahahah..

I am an extremely sensitive and emotional person. I take a lot of time to trust people but once I do there is no looking back unless you break my trust. Then I'm the kinds who would just stone wall...

I can laugh at the drop of a hat....

 I am obsessed with Punjabi weddings and brides...(blush--flush--gush)

I don't think a mother loves her child more than a father does...

I like a bunch of flowers; no bouquets or single flowers and they don't have to be roses or orchids, just colourful :)

I am not a goodie goodie. I believe that well behaved women never made history...

If you think it's only difficult to go shopping with a woman, wait till you come with me. I drive the sales guys up the wall...
 

I blush when I'm complimented!!!

I love going to the parlour. It makes me feel beautiful...

I believe that beauty is more important than brains because it's when I look good that I feel good and it's when I feel good that I can get the best out of me....

I love listening to loud music....

I am a movie buff...
 

I love amusement parks. I can sit on the scariest of joy rides if you promise to sit with me...

If you think I can hurt you, smile :) because I can only hurt the people that I love...

I am an orator. Holding the mic and speaking in front of millions..debates...elocutions..compereing...it's just pure ecstasy to me...
   

I feel proud to be an Indian when I read Bharatiya Rail or Indian Railways on the trains...

I fancy the idea of girls riding bikes, jeeps...(I will ride a bike someday!)

My favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.S. characters are Ross and Rachel...

I believe in miracles and the strange thing about miracles is that they happen only to those who believe in them...:)

I aspire to be a beautiful and powerful woman someday...


21-year old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment