Thursday, October 28, 2010

Idle Chat...


As I lie down on my back, sweetness melting in my mouth
Thoughts swim on in my mind causing ripples in its peaceful waters
The ripples continue to form and create a cyclone that destroys all that lies in its way
It destroys my peace; it destroys my chain of thoughts
Oh lord awake, awake from Thy slumber and calm the storms of my mind
For even the sea listens to Thee, the fish the swim at Thy command
What then is the anxiety of my heart?
For when Thou art for me oh Lord, who can stand against me?
Thou hold me in thy arms and show me my name carved in the palm of Thy hands
Thou knew me before I existed, such a deep bond we share
Thou knew me and recognized me when I never was
How much more oh Lord will Thou recognize and know me now
Ever tear drop that escapes my eye and ever thought that troubles me
Thou have a count of
Because Thou care, because Thou love, because Thou art who Thou art

The twinkle in my eye, Thou place it there in the night
So that the morning sun should shy away from the brightness of my smile
The smile on my lips, Thou place there when I’m sleeping
So that I wake up to praise Thee in happiness and grace

Such is Thy love for me, but I am so weak my lord
That I fail time and again to know and recognize Thee
I lived with Thee for nine months in my mother’s womb
But I have forgotten Thee and Thy tender love
Make haste my lord to shower me with Thy love
Make haste and send me Thy spirit in its fullness
That I may let Thou into my life, that I may let Thou love me more and more

I talk to them but they don’t answer me
I approach and knock, but they push me away
I hurt oh Lord and I hurt so badly, but I know Thou see it all
Thou let it happen for Thou have a plan, a plan for goodness and brimming with hope
I trust Thee my Lord for I know Thy skill, Thou art the most adept of all

I’m a lamb, I falter and I stray away
I come to Thee only when I need to graze
When I’ve had my fill of water and fodder
I go to other places, I wander and I pay no heed to Thy call oh Lord
But Thou art my merciful Shepard, Thou guide me still
Thou come out of love to find me and take me
Thou swing me and place me gently on Thy shoulders
I rest feeling secure with Thy arms around me
I know if the wolf comes Thou will face him alone
But no harm shall grope me and pull me down
They say we never met, they say we’re far away
But Thou oh Lord are right where Thou were
It is I who keep going back and forth
But Thou pull me closer in Thy love and mercy

I can talk to Thee my Lord for ever and ever
Time shall pass by me and I wouldn’t know
For Thou listen to every word I speak to Thou
Nothing I say goes unheard
But Lord in Thy mercy talk to me
Let me be the one who listens to Thy word

Thou have spoken to me oh Lord, many a time Thou have
But a deaf ear I have turned unto Thee
Aid me my Lord that I may listen
Listen to Thy word and keep it well
For it’s pleasing to Thee that I keep Thy word
And it’s a privilege for me that I get to hear Thy voice


No comments:

Post a Comment